Adventure Volcano - Yasur Volcano Travel
- expedition to Yasur volcano, Tanna Island, Vanuatu -
Accompanied by an expert guide on Yasur volcano you spend several days near and around the volcano to offer multiple possibilities to watch its activities. Visits in colorful local villages where the old kastom culture of Vanuatu is still alive, splendid rainforest trails, gorgeous beaches and good local food round out the trip, which can be highly customized according to your preferences.
- 4 days for observation of the active volcano Yasur
- Close meeting of the traditional life and culture of the Vanuatu people
- Relax on paradise beaches
Tanna Island & Yasur volcano
This sample itinerary corresponds to the second half of the Volcanoes in the South Sea and is only an indication for the planned program. Changes due to unexpected events, volcanic activity, weather etc. are possible. Customized versions can be offered on request.
Arrival at the Airport of Port Vila & transfer to Port Vila town.
In the morning, we fly to Tanna island. A 4WD pick-up brings us accross the island to a simple, but charming guesthouse directly at the feet of Mt. Yasur volcano. After lunch, we drive and hike to Yasur volcano to enjoy its spectacular volcanic activity from close, as long as we wish...
Relaxing day-trip to Port Resolution combined with a magnificent lunch on one of the world's most beautiful beaches... Visit of Yasur volcano in the evening/night.
Hike to the village of John Frum and swim at the hot volcano springs, traditional celebration of the village people.
Optional morning visit to Yasur volcano.
Transfer to airport, flight Tanna - Port Vila. Transfer to the hotel, free lunch & afternoon. Farewell dinner at the seafront (not included).
Transfer to airport or own extension (recommended: 1-day tour on Efate).
Group size: 6-12
Duration: variable: 5 days
Dates:29 May - 3 Jun 2018
31 Jul - 5 Aug 2018
1-7 Oct 2018
Price (p.p.): 1590 € ?
- Domestic flights (return) Efate (Port Vila) - Tanna Island
- All transfers as described in the itinerary, in particular:
- airport transfers
- Accommodation on Tanna island in spartanic bungalows in the rainforest near the volcano
- 2 nights in hotel in Port Vila (1st and last day)
- 1 day trip (return transfer) to Port Resolution transfer
- 1 day trip (return transfer) to John Frum village
- 1 evening return transfer to Yasur volcano
- Full board from arrival on Tanna island to last night in Port Vila, including drinking water
- Half board on Tanna Island
- Entry fees for Yasur volcano (unlimited number of visits)
- Experienced local guide for Tanna Island & Yasur volcano
- Professional photojournalist or volcanologist guide from VolcanoDiscovery (Ulla Lohmann, Yashmin Chebli or Tom Pfeiffer)
The tour starts and ends in the capital Port Vila on Efate Island where international flights arrive (usually from Brisbane or Sydney in Australia or via Aukland New Zealand). Participants normally arrange their own flight tickets, but on request we can help with that.